Listed below are common services we provide. Your referring physician may have mentioned one of these as a next step for you. Don’t be intimidated by the medical jargon—we will answer any questions you may have during your appointment with us to ensure your confidence and comfort.
- Fluorescein Angiography: This procedure is a photographic study of the retinal blood vessels. Dye injected into a vein in your arm travels to blood vessels in the eye, and then we use a special camera to photograph those vessels.
- Indocyanine Green Angiography (ICG): Similar to Fluorescein Angiography, this procedure can give more information about certain diseases.
- Fundus Photography: This test uses color photography and a microscope to reveal and document retinal disease.
- Optical Coherence Tomography (OCT): This imaging procedure provides cross sectional images of the retina layer and is used in the diagnosis of retinal diseases.
- Ultrasonography: This technique produces images of the inner structures of the eye by using sound waves.
- Repair and Reconstruction of Ocular Injuries: Numerous surgical procedures can repair injuries to the eye and preserve vision, even in cases of severe eye trauma.
- Intravitreal Injections: These office-based procedures provide treatment for macular degeneration and other vascular abnormalities of the eye.
- Laser Photocoagulation: A laser is a highly focused beam of light that is absorbed by tissue; laser photocoagulation is used in many delicate forms of surgery.
- Photodynamic Therapy/Ocular Photodynamic Therapy: This advanced treatment for macular degeneration and other macular diseases uses a laser and laser-activated medication.
- Vitrectomy: This microscopic technique repairs the interior of the eye.
- Retinal Detachment Repair: This repair reattaches the retina to its normal position within the eye.
- Macular Hole Repair: This vitrectomy procedure repairs a common vision threatening condition.
- Cutting Edge Tests and Treatments: Retina Consultants periodically offers participation in clinical trials for late-stage testing of the latest in eye health procedures. Learn More Here.
When possible, we offer our patients the option to participate in clinical trials. Clinical trials allow cutting edge treatment options to be tested by the people they were designed to help.
We are not currently participating in a clinical trial. Stay tuned for future opportunities.