Welcome to Retina Consultants
Schedule An Appointment
Please call 864.233.5722, option 4, to schedule an appointment at any of our locations. All telephone calls are answered by trained staff members who can assist you with any questions you may have. You do not need a referral from another physician to schedule an appointment with us, unless this is a requirement of your insurance.
New Patient Paperwork
We ask that you complete our new patient paperwork prior to your first visit with us. This information is a vital part of your examination, and we ask that you complete it accurately. If you need assistance, please feel free to arrive early and one of our staff members can assist you.
Patient Referral Form
Referring offices can complete the RCC Patient Referral Form to send electronically or via fax to our office. Those patients new to our office please complete the New Patient Packet in addition to this form. For more information, see For Referring Physicians information below.
What To Expect
Please arrive 15 minutes prior to your first appointment. Since your visit may include various tests and procedures, we ask that you allow at least two hours. We also highly recommend that you have someone available to drive you home, as your eyes may be sensitive after your appointment.
Please bring the following with you on the day of your visit:
- Completed new patient forms
- A list of all medications you are currently taking
- Name of eye drops brand you are currently using
- Your medical insurance card(s)
- A photo identification card
- A referral from your primary physician, if required by your insurance carrier.
Gentle Eye Evaluation
An Ophthalmic Technician will review your medical history and obtain additional information for the doctor. The technician will check your vision and dilate your eyes using eye drops. This will allow for a better view when the doctor examines your eyes.
Once your eyes are fully dilated, you will be examined by the doctor. The examination will include a thorough exam of your eyes and depending on the nature of the problem, additional tests may be required and treatment may be initiated.
Payment is due at the time of service and we accept most insurance plans. As a specialist, we file medical insurance only. We do not file vision insurance. Payment can be made by cash, check, Visa, MasterCard and Discover.
Please contact our billing and insurance department for more information on specific insurance coverage at 864.233.5722, option 7.
For Referring Physicians
As a medical service organization, our success depends upon the efficient delivery of high quality patient care. We are dedicated to providing superior eye care, and so we value the relationships we have with our referring doctors.
To make an appointment, please call 864.233.5722 option 3, and a receptionist will be happy to assist you. For Non-Urgent/Emergent referrals you can download, complete and send our Patient Referral Form to save time. Please have the following information available when making a referral:
- Patient’s name, date of birth, address and phone number(s)
- If applicable, the medical insurance we will file on behalf of the patient (Please verify that we accept this insurance when you speak to a receptionist.)
- Referring diagnosis and urgency of appointment
- Referring doctor information
- We ask that the exam notes be faxed to the office in which the appointment is scheduled, so our doctor may review the patient’s medical chart at their visit. Please refer to the location information above for the individual fax numbers.
The patient will need to bring completed new patient forms to their appointment.